The State has preffered five charges against the three persons arrested for allegedly attempting to attack the Presidency and destablize the country but the charge does no include Treason.
A government statement Monday said Dr. Frederick Yao Mac-Palm, Ezor Kafui and Bright Allan Debrah Ofosu were busted while they hatched an elaborate plan to destabilize the country and make it ungovernable.
A number of weapons and ammunition found at the Citadel Hospital after a search included:· 5 x locally manufactured pistols with magazines fitted on.
· 1 x foreign pistol (Reg. No. PX154006) with 2 X magazines.
· 3 x locally manufactured pistol barrels.
· 3 x smoke grenades.
· 22 x Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
· 9 x 7.62mm NATO AK47 rounds.
· 2 x AK47 magazines.
· 1 x long Knife.
· The outlined plan for the operation presented by some
soldiers at one of their meetings at Next-Door Resort.
· 7 x mobile phones.
· 2 x IPADs.
· 2 x decoders.
· 1 x modem.
· 3 x tablets.
· 1 x Ghanaian passport.
· 2 x pen-drives.
· 1 x voice recorder.
· 1 x USB connector.
· Machines and materials for manufacturing weapons and IEDs.
Meanwhile, three officers said to be part of the reported grand scheme have been picked up by the Police.
At the magistrate court Tuesday, they were charged with; 1. Conspiracy to commit a crime – Manufacture of arms and ammunition without lawful authority.
2. Conspiracy to commit a crime – Possession of explosives and firearms without lawful authority.
3. Manufacture of firearms without lawful authority.
4. Manufacture of explosives and ammunition’s without lawful authority
5. Possession of explosives and firearms.