Executive Director of anti-graft agency, the Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO), ACP K.K Amoah, has denied being sacked from office contrary to media reports.
According to him, his two-year contract given him by the government ends in few days time and hence has to exit office.
“I’ll reach my time of retirement on Thursday where my two-year contract would end then I can leave office, but no one has sacked me. I’m tired, the workload at EOCO is so huge and I’m aging so I want to take some rest.
“I don’t intend asking the President for an extension of the contract, I’m mindful of my health. A much younger person should take off from where I ended. ACP K.K. Amoah said in an interview.
The out-going EOCO is to be replaced by DCOP Adusei Poku.
In January a list of CEO’s who had been ordered to leave office because they’d reached retirement age emerged in the media.
But the government through the Minister of Information, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah urged the general public and institutional stakeholders to disregard a list.
He said engagements between Government and CEOs of State-Owned enterprises are routine.
“While it remains the prerogative of the President to engage or disengage the services of CEOs of State Owned Enterprises, he exercises such powers after the necessary requisite engagements,” he said. Facebook Twitter Google