Download WordPress Themes, Happy Birthday Wishes

A/R: Four men electrocuted while fixing net at Anwomaso Bebre

Four people have been electrocuted at Anwomaso Bebre in the Kwabre East Municipality of the Ashanti region.

The incident occurred yesterday, Sunday, March 21, 2021, around 5:30 pm when they were fixing a net on a window.

An eyewitness told Kumasi FM’s Elisha Adarkwah that the metallic scaffold they were using to fix the net on the window on a two-storey building touched wires on an electricity pole killing them instantly.

The deceased are John Abanga Anane, 35, a carpenter who was fixing the net; Ebenezer Sarpong, 40, a caretaker of the house.

Others are Junior Henry Amoah, 21; and Joseph Baslo, 33, all tenants in the house who were helping in fixing the net.

An Assembly Member for the area, Frank Frimpong said personnel from the Ghana Police Service and the Ghana National Fire Service were called to the scene to rescue the dead.

The bodies have since been deposited at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital morgue for preservation and autopsy.

The police have launched investigations into the incident.

About nfm


Check Also

Cement firm closed by GSA for using subpar materials; two directors detained

A cement manufacturing company in the Ashanti Region was forced to close its doors due ...